2D Static Crack with Temperature
Displacement and Sxx Field for No Crack, No Temperature
Displacement and Sxx Field for No Crack, Temperature
Displacement and Sxx Field for Crack, No Temperature
Displacement and Sxx Field for Crack, Temperature
Tutorial for Applying Temperature Fields
Create Models and Crack
1. Follow available tutorials to create the model. The material properties used were E = 72 GPa, v = 0.33, maximum principal stress = 575 MPa and coefficient of thermal expansion = 25.2E-6 m/moC.
1. Expand Materials. Double click on your material.
2. Click on Mechanical, then Expansion. Enter your coefficient of thermal expansion and reference temperature. Note that this may be temperature-dependent data as well as for materials which may not be isotropic.
Initial Temperature Field
1. Expand Steps. Double click on Predefined Fields.
2. Enter name as InitTemp. Step is Initial. Category is Other. Type is Temperature. Click Continue.
3. Select the region which will have the temperature field. Click Done.
4. Click Create next to Distribution. Enter name. Enter expression. Click Ok.
5. If created own distribution, select your Distribution from the Distribution drop box. Enter desired magnitude.
Final Temperature Field
1. Repeat above, only with the new temperature distribution.